Animal Nursery Rugs
As an expecting mother or father deciding to add adorable animal nursery rugs to your nursery is a good idea. Aside from these baby nursery rugs being unbelievably adorable they have a hidden benefit that most parents don’t really think about. After your pregnancy and the birth of your first child you and you husband are going to be in search of one thing. Comfort!
When it comes to designing your nursery you should not only think in terms of pinks and blues but you should also make the room comfortable for you and your husband. A lot of couples don’t think about all the time they are going to spend in the nursery. What makes comfort all so more important is the fact that you are going to be in the nursery all hours of the day and night.
Late night feedings at 3 am usually mean that one of you or both are going to have to get up and tend to the baby. A well placed soft nursery rug is a welcoming site after several sleepless nights. Trust us over time that welcoming nursery rug is going to make a big difference in your comfort. Spending cold night after cold night on a hardwood floor or older carpet is going to take its toll on your feet, neck, and back. Not to mention that you just carried that little bundle of joy around for the last nine months.
Added Benefits of All Types Nursery Rugs
Another great feature about nursery rugs is the can be used as a play pad for your baby. Although you probably don’t want to let them lay and play on the rug you are standing on all the time it never hurts to have several rugs handy for your baby in general. I think most of the young parents we talk to are surprised by how much more laundry you have to do after having a baby. While your baby is growing you will probably have to wash these rugs a million times. So when purchasing a nursery rug make sure it is machine washable and safe for the dryer.
As your child is growing you are going to want to take thousands of photos of them almost daily. These adorable baby rugs make the perfect back drop for your infant photographs. As you look back through your photo albums you really aren’t going to remember all of the sleepless night or sore backs. You will remember though all the happy memories of your little baby playing in such a beautiful nursery.
Finally one of the best ways to prepare a nursery for your new born is to accessorize it with ultra-cute decorations. You should save the time and all the chemical smells that are involved with painting the room you will use as a nursery. Your time would be better spent shopping for the perfect decorations to suit your nursery theme. After you have children you are going to see just how quickly they grow up. That princess themed nursery you spent so much time before they were born isn’t going to cut it when your baby grows into a teenager. It’s better to just accessorise the room and leave the painting for later when your child can help with the painting.
Both Babies and Parents Love Baby Animals
Animal themed nurseries still today are one of the most popular trends when it comes to decorating a newborn baby’s bedroom. The reason for this is that everyone loves animals especially baby animals.
With those large eyes and soft skin/fur it is not hard to get sucked into the lure of any type of baby. I’ve spent countless hours with all types of young children and they all love animals.
Popular Themes of Animal Nursery Rugs
When it comes to animal nursery rugs there are typically three popular themes with new parents. #1 Tropical Animals, #2 Farm Animal, and #3 Domestic Animals. Let’s have a look at each of these categories in a bit more detail.
5 Popular Tropical Animal Nursery Rugs
- Lions – The king of the jungle is also the king of the nursery. Add comfort can be found in the manes of some of these baby bedroom rugs
- Bears – Bear themed nursery rugs are perfect if you are planning a teddy bear themed room.
- Tigers – Another of the big cats. The orange and black colors of a tiger are perfect eye catchers to bring your guests eyes to every detail of the nursery.
- Giraffes – With those long necks and iconic shapes giraffe themed nursery rugs will break up the traditional square and circular shapes used in a newborn baby’s nursery.
- Elephants – Nothing is more adorable than a small baby playing on such a large animal. Elephants are the perfect theme for decorating a neutral nursery. If you and your spouse choose not to know if you are having a boy or girl decorating with elephants are a good choice being that they are typically gray.
4 Popular Farm Animal Rugs for Your Nursery
- Cows & Calves – After seeing how much milk a growing child drinks you are probably going to wish you would have invested in an actual cow. But in all seriousness nothing is cuter than a black and white Holstein rug for your nursery.
- Pigs & Piglets – Super pink, a little bit chubby, and rolling around in all that “dirt”. I wonder if this reminds you of someone about to move into this room. A Pig or piglet blankets is a great way to accessorize a farm themed nursery and keep your feet off those cold floors.
- Horses – A majestic animal and one of our favorite types of nursery rugs. Horses are one of the most popular farm animals and look really good in a baby’s nursery.
- Sheep & Lambs – Soft, peaceful, and adorable are great ways to describe the sheep and lamb rugs you will find in this genre of baby nursery blankets.
- Sheep Rug
2 Ultra Popular Domestic Animal Nursery Rugs
- Dogs & Puppies – Some of the most adorable rugs fall within the dog and puppies category. You can almost imagine the wet nose, big eyes, and soft fur of a puppy in your nursery.
Cats & Kittens – So you are not a dog person? Well not to worry. The cat and kitten baby nursery rug market almost has as much variety as the dog and puppy category.
Hopefully we were able to help you in your search for the perfect animal nursery rugs. You really can’t go wrong with an animal themed nursery. Just remember though that the room should be just as comfortable for the newborn as it is for you. You will be spending a lot of quality time together in there.